Monday, February 25, 2008

For want of a farrier...

I've had the same farrier for 9 years, now. Robert Larson of Tillamook. Loved our time chatting as he trimmed, and felt like he was a friend. He would tell stories, and I would tell stories, we would laugh and pass the time. I think he did a darn fine job on my horse's feet, and didn't charge me double just because they are miniatures. Miniatures, after all, need the same type of attention a full-sized version does, with few exceptions and the fact that they don't wear shoes.
I had him out in December, and desperately need him back. I can't get ahold of him. I've tried calling a few people that I know used him in the area, but their phones are either out of service or they don't return the calls.
Bob's home phone is disconnected and his cell phone mail box is full. His emails go unanswered. I'm a little worried, really. For him and his family.
And on the home front, I hate having to look for a new farrier. If anyone in the area reads this and has a recommend, I'd appreciate it. I've got two yearlings and I like to stay on top of those growing horse's hooves....they've gone too long already.

Meantime, I hope if anyone knows Bob, they can pass along my concern for his welfare, even if he's not trimming anymore.

6 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Bob had a major fire at his home in Tillamook. Write me at bbpress@intergate.com and I give you the cell number I have for him.

Unknown said...

Thanks, guy, he did call me right after I posted this!!!
Appreciate your response!
I am so sorry for what he's been through, but relieved that he and his family are alright.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

I usually email him for a quicker response. Is Wednesday still his Astoria day?

Unknown said...

I was not getting any email response, but yes, he's coming up Wednesday and as far as I know nothing's changed about his schedule.

This is why I was concerned. I have been trying for a month...

Unknown said...

How interesting to be reading this while I was surfing the web. My husband Bob Larson is getting back on track. Our home was lost in January and not to forget the flood that wiped out our farm in Dec. It's been a wild year. However, we have been rebuilding and we will be back home by Nov. I am sure he has missed several of his customers but, we have been pounding away on our new home. Our new email is rclarson2008@gmail.com

Thanks for your care and concern, Carmen Larson

Unknown said...

not to take away business from anyone else just trying to share the wealth since it's difficult sometimes to find a ferrier that you work well with and is able to take on new clients. I had actually tried to reach Bob to try him out or see if he was excepting new clients just never connected. Anyway I finally found one and am very pleased with the progress my girls have made under his care. He's out of Longview and generally schedules weekends for me. His name is Todd Martin T.M.F Horseshoing @ 360-773-6193 very reasonable prices, on time, and I've found him to work very well with my horses. Montana State University Grad with 15+ years exp. member of the American Farrier Ass. He handles all breeds and disciplines Hot, Cold, and Therapeutic. I hope this doesn't offend anyone just know how hard it was to find someone and want to help anyone looking.