Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Crunch, crunch

Eggshells underfoot.
I detest eggshells. Ever get one in your omelette? The feeling as you bite down on it is unpleasant, but can't match the one of walking on them. Even worse is knowing you will, and being unable to avoid that inevitable.
Every step is bound to make that dreaded crunching (reverberates through nerve endings painfully), and so you wait, and hone your tread-lightly skills.
It should be second nature, for the path stretches back as far as I can see, and well into the future. There are little breaks, here and there. For that I am grateful.
The eggshell path leads up the steepest slopes.
The wind is roaring, and pummeling the already-stressed trees. Good night to climb in bed and pull the covers over one's head.
Hey, at least my shoes are dry, today.

6 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

It's best to learn to shuffle.

Unknown said...

Ooo good tip!
That might result in a rather large heap of eggshells in one's path, though. :)
Thanks for dropping by.

Patrick McGee said...

But what a marvelous piece of engineering, that shell, being able to squeeze through a butt hole without breaking.

Unknown said...

EWW! Never thought of that one.
I thought that opening was called a cloaca or something like that.
(runs off to find a dictionary)

Undercover Mother said...

Get some awesome rubber boots. The FM parking lot is legendary for having it's own tide table. Seriously, it's just too darned cold to have soggy dogs.

Unknown said...

Very true. What's worse is that my shoes have now shrunk so they kill my feet.

Damn!
(I do own rubber boots, but don't usually tote them around with me. That may change!)