Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hmmm

The doldrums have arrived!
I haven't been able to get completely out of them, either. The weather is my main excuse. Someone told me it was "just" an excuse, and well...they're right, I suppose.
Still, the sun, when it shone one week ago, was blistering hot. Didn't do much for my motivation.
The house has been torn apart, and one appliance after another seems hell-bent on quitting. Can't quite get my sh*t together to get it as clean as I'd like to before something else happens that stalls my progress.
I guess last weekend was Summer, but I'm not ready for Fall, and not wanting Winter. Please come back, Summer. I miss you!
TV is boring, and sleeping more than 7 or 8 hours is overrated.
Back to the surfing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post reminds me of life in the great northwest.

Cheer up bunky. You could be in my shoes. That should cheer anyone up.

I'll always be a glass half full kind of guy though. Life is a carousel. Up and down.

May the long ride waves shine upon you. If you get cold, pee in your wetsuit (I used to windsurf).

Infact, I was windsurfing out at the speed ditch (jetty area) one cold February, winds were easterly at about 20 knots or so, did I say it was cold? Yep. Anywho, I had to take a leak so I did. Then I had to flush. Being the sometimes absent minded feller I am, I unzipped to flush forgetting how cold the water was. Talk about a wakerupper. I'm sure there is a lesson somewhere in all of this.

Unknown said...

Haha, thanks.
Being in your shoes would cheer me up?
What size be they?
I think I'm fairly optimistic, I just have a pessimistic expectation to avoid disappointment. The best of all worlds!
The pee story...hhhmmm. Makes me a-scared to be in your shoes!

Anonymous said...

You know what they say about people with big shoes.

Long story short, I won't get into my shoes now. Suffice to say it's been a long few years that have been tough on me. Mostly my own doing.

I've had a lot of reason to hang my head low but have chosen not to.

Yeah, I see what you mean about wearing my shoes after I pee in them. Yuck.

Now go surfing and be a dudette. I wish I was still in shape to go! I'd probably drown.

Undercover Mother said...

You know, I think whoever was in charge of giving the weather the memo that it's almost SUMMER has dropped the ball, bigtime!

I am looking out my window and seeing the berry bushes blowing and dripping in the rain. Arrggh!