Tuesday, December 25, 2007

New here

I've been blogging for a long time, and reading at blogspot here and there. I joined today (Christmas, 2007) to help broaden my horizons (and yours!).
My goal for this Christmas was to avoid buying massive amounts of Made in China garbage-y stuff, and to pursue more meaningful gifts, and less of them with more in the quality department.
I would say, now that it's been said and done, that I have been about 85% successful. Much of my success started with avoiding big box type stores, and shopping with local vendors.
I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions per se, as I find that a little ridiculous to do so merely by virtue of the fact that the calendar has turned over. Why not start today? Why put off taking the first step of my journey until tomorrow? Even if all I do is start packing my bags, I can do something to move towards my goals even as I plan them.

In 2008 I have many goals, though I will not be too upset if they don't happen IN 2008.

You'll find that I write about a wide variety of subjects, mostly those that I feel very passionately about. I will also from time to time write about the frivolous or trivial, just because these things are akin to the "seconds" that make up the hours, days, and years of a life.
Most of it will relate to my rather quiet lifestyle here in the Oldest Settlement West of the Rockies, a/k/a Astoria, Oregon. Favorite hangouts, people and events might just show up here. I love taking photos, so there'll be lots to see, as I have time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (look me up on myspace if you want to see some of the archives: www.myspace.com/nootka1)!

No comments: